Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Commitment - the Challenge


What's exactly the problem with commitment? If you believe that there is any...

I read an interesting article today about relationships and marriage. And although I don't exactly like all those stereotyped psychological explanations since I think that each person and each case are of course different, I admit that many situations and reactions between couples/people can be similar = stereotyped and therefore they can be analyzed as such...

I've been controversial my whole life. I seek stability only to get rid of it when I have it. But then again, maybe I haven't had the kind of stability I actually want. At the end, people have the life they want, or the life they were meant to have. I believe in destiny but I believe in the choices we make too. If a person wants a stable and normal life, they do make the choices that will allow them to have this kind of life. If they want a life full of adventure and weird situations, they make choices that lead them to all that...

I've stopped complaining and realized that out there I can find whatever I want. In free countries where people have the right to actually choose, all they have to do is be sure how they want to live their lives. We choose our partners and we sure do know what these people are capable of offering to us long before we reach that point where we start whining about this and that. Nobody will change and most importantly, they don't have to.

1 comment:

Intelliblog said...

Hello, Marina, good to see you blogging again.
Like you I believe that although we are all individuals and we all have different ways fo approaching life and relationships, as humans we all share certain traits that are ingrained into us by society, upbringing, even genes and physiology.
The important part is recognising the "stereotyped", common traits and making allowance for those, acknowledging them and embracing them as much as we are able, but then celebrating our individuality and making it work in harmony with the stereotypical traits.
Sometimes, the hardest part of course, is convincing others of accpeting the interesting mix that we have become after the exercise...